We are looking for an experienced and creative Video Editor to join our team in Karachi Office. As a Video Editor at our company, you will be responsible to assemble recorded footage into a finished project that matches the director’s vision and is suitable for broadcasting.
Ultimately, as a film and video editor, you should be able to bring sight and sound together in order to tell a cohesive story. You will also be asked for capturing, editing, and producing photos and videos for internal and external purposes.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience
- Take a brief to grasp the production team’s needs and specifications
- Assembling all raw footage, with camera shots either recorded or transferred onto video tape in preparation for inputting into the computer
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the film
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects
- Create rough and final cuts
- Reordering and fine-tuning the content to ensure the logical sequencing and smooth running of the film/video.
- Consult with stakeholders from production to post-production process
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven work experience as a video editor
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- Strong ability to cut video to music and audio engineer to specs all soundtracks
- Should be able to bring a creative concept to life and add own creative input
- Proficient in Final Cut Pro X, Adobe After Effects
- Knowledge and a good understanding of motion graphics is preferred.